Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Pictures Worth Approximately 960 Words Each

Hello, readers! Here are some pictures that show what I've been thinking about and doing for the past couple of weeks.

NRIs 007 This is my band, The NRIs (linked at left), playing the Black Cat. I was hopped up on cold medicine and looking forward to the single bottle of Dos Equis that I allowed myself at the end of the night. (Thanks Jess for the photo!)



I didn't take this photo, but if I had, I would have gotten to talk
 to them. I would have asked so many weird questions.
Yes, this is a photo from Wil Wheaton's Flickr. Yes, it's Wil as Fawkes and Felicia as Codex, from The Guild, season 4, which is supposed to come out in time for ComicCon. Yes, I do know when that is. These people inspire me to make things.










I took this photo of Theresa at The Red and the Black before a Machines on Vacation show. It looks so awesome because I used a "retro camera" app for my Droid Eris, the lighting was perfect, and the bar is a throwback to a French Quarter bordello.

Illustration by Michael Byers, Washington Post Magazine
I participated in the 3rd annual Washington Post Hunt, solving puzzles downtown with my good-looking, dirty-minded, married or almost-married rock star friends. We solved the three easy ones right away...then overthought a bit on the super easy one. We were opposed to the execution of the football one (as many other people were, judging by the boos Dave Barry received). And we were a bit flummoxed by the endgame anagram...but all in all, it was a fair showing. We'll rock this thing next year, now that we know what's what. This is only worth about 900 words, but it is an illustration.



Thanks Peter for the photo! Clicking will take you to his Flickr.
And here's some orange and black. These photos are out of order chronologically, but again...high-functioning ADD, here. This is how my mind is processing all these things right now.










That's it for now! I have some more blog topics on the backburner, including a rant about dressing up to drink, a flash fiction contest, and an opportunity for guest bloggers. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

(Hopefully you get email notifications for new comments!)

Remember the community storytelling experiment we put together on my website ( www.jmtohline.com )?

Well...a certain, spectacular independent publishing house (see tomorrow's blog post for more information about them!) took notice of the project and asked if they could edit it and post it on their website.

(Why, of course they can!)

They also asked for a one or two line bio from each contributing author. That means you.

Remember, twenty-something people contributed to the story, so make your bio zippy! Think of it like a shot of espresso, rather than like a three-flavored latte with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle on top.

You can include a website or Twitter link also, if you'd like. I'm not sure if they'll include that for each contributor, but it'll be good for them to have that just in case.

I'd love to have this back to them by Wednesday (they're really wanting to get the story up!), so send it along as soon as you're able...if you're able.

Cheers!
~Jordan

Melanie said...

Well! Won't that be something to post about in a timely manner!